I am Dr. Temitope Adegbamigbe, known to many as Pastor Tope. I am a Christian with love for Jesus and a passion for His kingdom purpose. I am a mother of thriving and flourishing young adults; my personal and family values are centered on Christ and influenced by his word.
I am resolute in my commitment to God and to my purpose in His Kingdom, despite several life challenges that could have led me to quit.
Death has dealt me painful blows; I lost my mother at the age of 23 and my father followed soon after. I have experienced financial hardships, broken relationships, divorce, and life-threatening health challenges.
Through it all, God has been faithful; I have also been blessed with good people, family, friends, healing, prosperity, emotional stability. I have received God’s grace and mercy in all areas of my life and I know God will use all my experiences: the good, the bad and the ugly to bless humanity and bring healing and restoration to many lives and families.
My Mission/Vision/Commitment is:
- I am very careful how I treat others because I believe that life is a seed. Therefore, I do my best to treat people the way I would like to be treated.
- I am very sensitive to the Holy Spirit and being sensitive to His voice has saved my life and that of others several times.
- I love to see people living up to their potentials and I motivate them to find their purpose and excel in it.
- I am committed to the teaching and preaching of the gospel and in making disciples for Jesus Christ.
- I love to see lives, and families healed, vicious cycles of pain broken and people walking in wholeness, restoration, and freedom.
Just like Samuel, I was called as a child to serve God and to serve His people through the ministry of the Word, Prayer, Encouragement, Freedom and Healing. I have yielded myself to be used of Him whichever way He pleases, trusting Him with my life and everything.
I received a clear direction about my call to ministry in April 1994 (although, according to my father, the signs had been there since I was a little child,) and it was confirmed to me again in August 1995.
I think I can identify with Jeremiah 1:5 which says, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to nations.” Galatians 1:5 also says, “God set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by His grace.
My call into the Pastoral ministry was pre-destined by God and systematic. I was devoted to God since I was a child and was led to Christ at the age of 15. I had been serving in the Church since my teenage years. I became a minister in 1996 and was ordained in 1997 in Tallahassee Florida under the apostolic leadership of Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God worldwide. I served at various levels and ministries within the organization and later served as the Lead Pastor of Daystar Worship Center, Rosenberg Texas, a branch of the Redeemed Christian Church of God NA for about seven years.
I currently serve as the Pastor and Visionary Leader at the Liberation Call Christian Ministries AKA the Freedom Hall near Frisco, Texas.
The Spiritual Counselor
My compassionate heart and desire to see others walk in healing and freedom birthed The Listening Ear; A Christian counseling practice using a combination of methods; Psychotherapy, The Holy Scriptures, Listening Prayers, Ministry of the Holy Spirit, Christian Coaching and other Biblical Methods to walk the hurting and broken-hearted through the journey of healing and into the wholeness desired by God, and also break yokes of bondage off people’s lives.
The Bible Scholar/Teacher
Apart from shepherding, one of my ministry gifts is teaching and I believe that I am growing daily in this gift, as the Holy Spirit guides me through the pages of the Scripture. Drawing from my Seminary Training, I have developed courses and I hold Bible seminars to equip the believer with a deeper understanding of the Scriptures for their faith walk, service, and ministry.
The Church/Ministry Consultant
My service in various capacity in the Church, as well as my advanced degrees in the seminary and my doctoral specialization in Church Ministries & Leadership, have enhanced my skill in helping churches and ministries at various levels of growth, to train and develop their ministry team; and equip them with the tools they need to adequately serve in their local churches and to be effective in the ministry.
I help in developing training manuals, Sunday school materials, facilitate leadership seminars and training, and help the ministry staff and volunteers to identify their gifts.
My Academic and Professional Achievements are:
- Doctor of Ministry Degree – Church Ministries and Leadership from Oral Roberts University College of Theology and Ministry, Tulsa OK
- Master of Divinity Degree – Oral Roberts University, College of Theology and Ministry, Tulsa, OK
- Master of Art in Human Services Counseling – Marriage & Family Ministries from Regent University College of Psychology and Counseling, Virginia Beach, VA
- Post Graduate Diploma in public Relations, Nigerian Institute of Journalism, Lagos Nigeria
- Bachelor of Arts Education – Lagos State University, Lagos Nigeria
- Certified Christian Life Coach
- Clinical Pastoral Education
My Doctoral Dissertation/Applied Research Project was on “Issues Experienced in Ministry by Selected Female Seminary Graduates Using the Long Interview”
- Clergy Response to Domestic Violence – A Research Material
- Issues Peculiar to African Churches in the Diaspora – A Research Material
- The Foundation of the Christian Life and Ministry – A Training Manual
- The Path Finder- A Life Purpose Seminar
- A Kingdom Leadership Training Manual -The King, The Kingdom and the People of the Kingdom